I almost cried when I saw this part. This is what you do. You don’t continue on your way because it doesn’t involve you.
Look at the way she shields the stranger WITH HER OWN BODY.
This is what needs to happen when you see someone being bullied or harassed.
cute matching icons for you and your best friend
My first challenge, Improvement Hell, was a way to inspire people to draw different things different ways, drawing outside their comfort zone, and most of all to draw every day. I had a few people ask for a follow up. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the sequel: Draw All The Things
Each day has three prompts. Some are specifics, others are vague, but all are geared to spark your imagination and inspiration. Take from them whatever you want. Design a character, an illustration, a collage. Singular or plural. Literal or symbolic.
Casual Mode: Pick and draw one prompt each day
Normal Mode: Combine and draw two prompts each day
Hard Mode: Combine and draw all three prompts each day
Tag your artwork #Draw All The Things for others to follow and be inspired!
- Wild animal, Thief, Winter
- Jewel, Water, Contrast
- Garden, Teeth, Bright
- Old book, Pangolin, Clutter
- Deep, Earth, Curse
- Greed, Glass, Temple
- Three, Rain, Shadow
- Wire, Bottle, Pale
- Sunshine, Track, Abandon
- Cliff, Tattoo, Journey
- Bone, Laughing, Free
- Corner, Scripture, Dusk
- Stairs, Amber, Guard
- Vast, Alien, Glow,
- Jazz, Pen, Urban
- Sand, Royal, Red
- Child, Fur, Cookie
- Tree, Crime, Lizard
- Tech, Tank, Silver
- Scales, Vibrant, Smile
- Naga, Knowing, Tribe
- Witch, Jacket, Pattern
- Secret, Melanism, Wings
- Rogue, Bat, Dysfunctional
- Passage, Fox, Chime
- Star, Bridge, Mask
- Observer, Forest, Unique
- Degrade, End, Iron
- Vivarium, Gradient, Mix
- Imagination, Pencil, Borderless
(alternately, this can be a writing challenge too, if that is your preference!)
Are you tired of feeling like your art just isn’t improving? Do you want to do a 30-day challenge that’s actually useful? Welcome to 30 Days of Improvement Hell. >:D
I made this because I’ve been feeling super ‘blah’ about my art these days, and I needed something to kick-start myself. Who wants to do this with me!? Start now or whenever you can (now you procrastinators!). Challenge yourself and have fun at the same time!
Tag your posts with #Improvement Hell so everyone can follow along and see each other’s awesome artwork. I may even create a blog and reblog them! :D
What are you waiting for? START!
- Self-Portrait - Introduce yourself
- Draw a figure using a reference - link to reference
- Draw a figure that’s in action, using a reference - link to reference
- Draw a part of the human anatomy you have trouble with. x20, with atleast 5 being skeletal/musculature studies.
- Draw more figures. Quick gestures and silhouettes. x20, with atleast 10 different body shapes
- Let’s have some fun. Design a character from this character generator. (created by PreservedCucumbers)
- Pick the weirdest object in your house/room. Draw it. Shadows and Highlights.
- Find 2-3 objects, make a scene with them. Draw it. Bonus points for creativity. Double points for dramatic lighting.
- Draw a landscape of a place you’ve never been or drawn.
- Draw a BG with 1pt Perspective. Negative points if it’s a railroad or an empty street.
- Draw a BG with 2pt Perspective.
- Look out a window. Draw what you see. Bonus points for adding something interesting.
- Draw an interior setting with the character you designed on Day #6 in it.
- BG with either bird’s eye or worm’s eye view.
- Halfway there! Draw three ‘action’ scenes with different compositions in each. Quick sketches are fine, just make them interesting and understandable! Bonus points if it’s the same scene, but different composition.
- Draw a single page comic with 5-7 panels (the story begins and ends on one page).
- Draw an animal you’ve never drawn before. x10 Link references.
- Draw a car. Negative points for whining. Hint: Use a perspective grid.
- Think of the thing you hate drawing the most. Guess what? Draw it! Negative points for lying to yourself.
- Pick an object in your house/room. Now design a character from it, using the shapes, forms, textures, purpose and colors as inspiration. Also link/post the object you used. Negative points for using a humanoid action figure.
- Draw a character/object/scene, and shade them using ONLY solid blacks and whites. Bonus points for good use of lights/shadows
- Draw a different object/scene/character. Shade using hatching, crosshatcing, and/or pointillism. Bonus points for lights/shadows and textures.
- Colors! Pick a color palette, and paint a scene/character/object using only those colors (some blending allowed). Bonus points for good use of lights/shadows.
- Draw and color a scene/object/character - no lines allowed! (aka - lineless art). Don’t forget light and shadows!
- Draw a scene/character in a style you’ve never drawn before. If emulating an artist, credit+link. Bonus for color style.
- Draw a character. Draw 10 emotions/expressions. Bonus points for ‘uncommon’ emotions. (i.e. anxiety, guilt, despair, loneliness etc.)
- Draw three random shapes using your opposite hand (or your foot). Now design characters from those shapes.
- Turn on the tv (or load your illegally downloaded movies). Pick an actor and draw them.
- Almost done! Let’s have some fun. Draw some fanart. Bonus points if it’s super obscure and unknown. Make people guess what it’s from.
- Last day! Find a drawing you did within the last year. Now draw it again using what you’ve learned! Link it for comparison!
Look at all that amazing improvement! Congrats!
[Update] There is now a sequel challenge, Draw All The Things!
i’m taking this picture to my grave with me
truth or dare more like preform a strange sexual act or tell me who you like
going through your old sketches and artwork
Supernatural Season 1-9.